Wednesday, January 14, 2009

She lost her tooth!

This morning Ryah informed me that she was going to lose her tooth today and that I had to check it. So, I checked it and didn't really agree with her that it was loose enough to come out today. But she insisted that it was and that it would happen at school. Now why she insisted that it be at school I am not sure, other than in a Kindergartners mind that would surely be the talk of the school it it were to happen. So, as I am driving her to school she tells me that she is going to tell her teacher that her tooth is going to come out today at school. Well... when I picked Ryah up at school sure enough there was her tooth in a baggy. Such determination, I love it! The story behind it was that her and her friends were at recess and that she was talking about her loose tooth and how it needs to come out. So, her friend Haley goes, gets a napkin, and proceeds to pull Ryah's tooth right out of her mouth. That couldn't have been hygenic! Now if you know Ryah, this is truly a Ryah story. Only Ryah would have a friend get a napkin and rip her tooth out. She was so proud, smiling extra BIG to see who would notice. She's in bed now and as I have reflected on the event I feel bad because with your first child the whole tooth loosing thing is such a big deal and you have to call everybody and tell them, with Ryah we barely got a call in to her dad. And to make matters worse I actually contemplated if it was ok for the "tooth fairy" to leave a check! I didn't have cash, but then I realized my name was on the check and even though she can't read her brother can and since it's the first, I made a trip to get some cash. It actaully worked out because I needed some cash to back pay the kids piggy banks from all the money we've "borrowed" for the other "tooth fairys". Congrats Ryah!!!