Friday, July 11, 2008

Being a kid...

So my son Elias often thinks that he is much smarter than I, his wealth of knowledge is limitless in his own eyes.  Here is a conversation we had this morning while cleaning his ears...
Elias: I know how long it takes to grow potatoes.
Me: How long?
Elias: 2 days.
Me: How do you know that?
Elias: Because every 2 days you clean my ears.

Oh to be a child again...  With innocence and trust.  I remember when I use to believe that someone drove the moon around and that at night a group of men would pull the sun down from the sky.  Though it is good to let go of our own fables and learn how things really work, in that I don't want to lose my childlike reliance on the Lord, trusting in Him completely and still believing that He can make the unbelievable happen...

No comments: