Saturday, November 8, 2008

What do you do???

As many of you may know, I take some pride in how my kids look. I mean we all know that our kids are a reflection of us and so I always make sure to iron my kids clothes and do their hair and make sure they look good. I'm actually really kind of obsessed about this! Well, yesterday I went to pick up Ryah from Kindergarten and I am laughing and talking with other moms and out the door runs Ryah with her adorable cute smile, and poor thing, little does she know... Well, Fridays are Daddy-gets-me-dressed-and-takes-me-to-school days and I really try to help him out by setting out the kids clothes for the day. We've had some mishaps of Ryah wearing Cade's clothes and Cade wearing Ryah's clothes and we've had some strange shoe situations and crazy hair days. But Friday was a new one I must admit! When I picked Ryah up she had her shirt on inside out, and it was the kind of tank that has a built in bra (why they put a built in bra in a size 4 shirt for girls is beyond me), so the bra part was on the outside (if you can see it in the pic), and if that was not enough her pants were on backwards (notice the BIG back pockets in the pic)! I was devastated for her and for me. Luckily Ryah is still young enough that she had a great day at school and wasn't bothered at all by her clothing. I'm sure her substitute teacher that day thinks we are a little weird and I'm not quite sure why she didn't help a girl out! I called Chris to ask him if he bothers looking at the kids before he takes them to school and he said yes. But, I'm still not so sure about that. What do you do? Be thankful that your hubby tries and that your daughter is only 5!!!

3 comments:

JamieB said...

no one commented on this!?? i can't believe it. i thought it was soo funny! i even made adam read it! and he laughed, too!
so, here's a comment...
that is pretty darn funny. and that you took a picture of it, is even funnier.

Mel said...

BAAAAAAHAHAHAH i know this is older, but i'm like dying right now. she's totally posing like, 'yeh, i'm cute'.

A. said...

Ok - the pants on backward, I might be able to see that one slipping by, but an inside out shirt with the bra part sticking out?? Not so sure about how that goes unnoticed. hahah!

I'm actualyl more impressed with thte fact that your chidlren LET you pick out their clothes. Even my two year old (her more than the older one) is very opinionated about picking out their own clothes. Heaven forbid I give any suggestions.