Monday, November 3, 2008

Homework:(

Mondays is our day off and we take full advantage of it. Chris and I like to start the day with going out to breakfast, which we did. Then we shopped for a friends birthday present and spent some time at Peet's Coffee (have I ever mentioned they have the best coffee ever!!!) relaxing and talking. We grabbed the kids from school, did some grocery shopping, what a great day, huh? Who could ask for more? Then there's this little part of our day called HOMEWORK! Now, I know teachers give this to the kids under the pretense that they are suppose to do it, but let's be realistic here, it's really the parents that are doing this stuff. Tonight I was interviewing my dad (for Elias), collecting info from my mom-in-law (for Elias) while Chris was transcribing a story about Halloween (for Ryah). And if you ever run across this Elias' teacher I didn't do the WHOLE assignment for him, but let's be real, my dad did not want to sit on the other end of the phone and wait for Elias to correctly write out what school was like when my dad was little, what his chores were and what he did for fun as a boy. Now I am putting down teachers, I have many beloved teachers in my life, my own sister, sister- in-law, brother-in-law, Lisa, Melissa and the list goes on... But I've graduated now and I don't want to do homework anymore...

2 comments:

JamieB said...

seriously... i have blogged on homework once or twice myself. yesterday i was coloring (yes! i really colored my son's homework!) and made it messier just in case it was too neat and the teacher might figure it out. haha

Williams Family said...

Okay wo we were doing the same thing tonight. Jimmy was on the phone with his family and I was helping Alexis on the phone with my dad. Then on to Elis homeowrk. YIKES so much to do.