Friday, September 12, 2008

Honduras ~ Day 1


Well, we took off yesterday from our house at 8:30pm for LAX airport. I sadly left behind our 3 kiddos, one of which was a sicky-poo (and I need to give Kudos to Carrie for taking on the task of caring for sicky-poo Cade all night long as she cried- you’re a true friend girl, thank you!!!), but was also excited about the trip. Our plane took off at 2am, which left us with pretty much a sleepless night. I was really wishing I had one of those neck pillow things, I saw them at Target and thought I should get one of those and then decided not to spend the moo-la on it (next time I’m spending the moo-la on it!), Gordon Henry had one and he looked like he was getting some good rest (or maybe it was the Dramamine the guys took). We had a layover in El Salvador and then headed over to Honduras, arrived about 9:30am. Took a taxi for a 2 hour drive to grab some lunch at a lake where they had a cool 4 story tree house, teeter-totters and cool swings! After that we had another hour drive to our Home Sweet Home. Grabbed a quick nap and went to have dinner with the local Growers First board and off to a musical that the local kids were in, directed by a missionary here in Honduras. Honduras reminds me a lot of Mexico, but a lot greener. The people are very nice. I really wish I spoke Spanish, it’s frustrating not being able to communicate. The food hasn’t made me sick yet, though I did have a some type of miniature crab leg in my soup which made me a bit quesy and there are lizards in the bathroom, but hey this is a mission trip, gotta have some excitement! Looking forward to visiting some farms tomorrow. Keep praying for us! Kiddos if you read this- Mommy and Daddy Love You!!!

2 comments:

anorman said...

Ryah says " we miss you very much. we hope you have a great time. Drive safely home."

Elias Says " I hope you have a great time coming home and I hope you get home safely. I hope you fly home safely. I love you mom and dad. Hope you have a great trip."

Cade (who no longer has a fever) says " Thank you for my daddy. Thank you for my mama."

Mo says " hi".

Mom says "Be safe"

Carrie Allen said...

Carrie says, "You owe me..."

Just kidding!!! :)

But seriously, I also want to give a shout out to Elias and Ryah for being SOOOOO good when I was dealing with sick little Cade. They listened to everything I said, and did everything I asked of them (even if it was, apparently, breaking the rules)...they are awesome, and will be rewarded by me later! :)

Be safe, and keep the updates coming!