Friday, October 24, 2008

Master

This week in SHEminstries we have been studying the name Adonai, which means Master. Today in our study Simone was teaching about how slaves were consumed with their masters. They even tried to take on their masters way of thinking, so they could better serve them. There was no room or time for them to even think of their own wants or desires. I started thinking about how self-consumed our society is. Everything we do is for us, for our benefit. We put ourselves above our husbands, children, friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, strangers, everybody. Christ exampled a life of constant self- sacrafice. Could you imagine our world if we all took on selflessness. Think about your day. What did you do today, what did you think about today, who did you serve today? Was it yourself or others? As Chris and I were flying out over Montana, it was such a clear day and you could see the trees changing colors and the snow capped mountains and for miles you could see. I was reminded how BIG God is and how little my view is. God who created the vastness of the heavens and earth, formed me in my mothers womb and knows my name. I need to get off the planet "Tatum" and see the bigger picture. To remember I am not here for me, I am here for Him. To be His hands and His feet to people. To live a selfless life, to be abandoned to my Master, my Jesus. Lord help me...

No comments: