Monday, September 8, 2008

God answers...

Earlier this year I was feeling like I was in a rut in my walk with the Lord. Not that I didn't sense He was there, but that I had become mundane in my passion for Him. It started me thinking about when I was younger and had gone on a mission trip and how it changed my life and shook up my walk with the Lord. So I started praying that God would do that in my life once again. I was desperate for Him to give me passion once again. I knew I was in a different place in my life being married and having kiddos now, so I just asked Him to work around that and to give me an opportunity to be uncomfortable for Him and to be shooken up. Never would I have imagined I would go on a mission trip anytime soon. Well, here I am days aways from going on a mission trip to Honduras, and it just dawned on me this morning while I was blow drying my hair that this was all an answer to a prayer from the beginning of the year. How sad that I am so slow to realize and that I had stopped asking God to move, but how thankful I am that He is not slow in keeping His promises. He heard those prayers and knew how and when he was going to answer them. I have gone back and forth a couple of times wondering if I made the right decision to go, and God confirmed to me this morning that His hand is all over this and now I am more excited than ever to see how God is going to shake the world up through me and shake my world up in me! Remember God hears every prayer and He answers...

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

This kinda made me cry. I am very happy for you!!!!