Monday, September 15, 2008

Honduras~ Day 4

Today was our last full day here in Honduras, tomorrow we make the long trek home! It was so cute Ryah made a comment on my blog and told Chris and I to have a safe "drive" home:)! Today is Independence Day here in Honduras so everybody was downtown celebrating with a big parade, it was really neat. We had the chance to visit 2 beautiful villages today. You drive these off- roads for about an hour and a half to these remote villages, it's amazing. We met with the farmers in each village and were able to encourage them in all of their hard work. We visited with the children, one of which Chris accidently asked him "where are you", instead of "how are you" and the boy looked very confused... Also, my poor hubby spent most of the day sick, stomach sick, I feel so bad for him, but he is doing a bit better this evening. As I reflect on this trip I am very thankful God allowed me to come. It is so good to step outside of Orange County and to step into the lives of other people, to hear their stories, to see their life. I have been reminded of the things that matter. It's not about schedules and material items and all my busyness, it's about relationships, most importantly our relationship with God our Creator. He wants us to know Him, to love Him, and to make His love known. That's what it's all about. Our children, it is our responsibility to leave a legacy of Godliness for them to follow, to teach them God's word and to pour into them His grace and love. I am reminded that I need to be God's hands to love the unlovable, his feet to go and share His love, His eyes to see beyond my tunnel vision. I was blessed by all the poor who are rich in Christ that I got to meet and share stories with, or maybe just a hug or a smile. I am excited to see what God will do through our church here in Honduras and through Growers First; which is an amazing ministry that gives people earthly hope through a better quality of life and eternal hope through Jesus Christ. I had a great time with our team, Chris, Mike, Gordon and Dave, along with Eber, Hugo and Suri. It was a blessing to serve in Honduras with them all. I look forward to seeing my kiddos sweet smiling faces wed. morning! Blessed be the name of the Lord...

2 comments:

The Pascua Family said...

We are so excited to see how the Lord is going to use this ministry at Kingsfield!! His framework and plan for this community is already so evident in every journal entry of your time in Honduras!! Were so excited and will be praying over our Kingsfield team as you journey back home. Thank you for sharing each day with us!

Carrie Allen said...

I like your ending - "blessed be the name of the Lord". That song fits well with the people in Honduras.
"He gives and takes away...my heart will choose to stay..."