Monday, October 20, 2008

Fresh Life in Montana!


Well Chris and I arrived late on Saturday night in Kalispell Montana. Sunday Chris spoke at our friend Levi Luskos church called Fresh Life. Kalispell is a small resort town and the church meets in an old movie theatre built in the early 1900's in downtown. It's a great building to have a church. The church is exploding, it has grown to about 700 in just 2 years. The staff is amazing and the people are so sweet. The service was great and Chris did an amazing job challenging people in God's Word. After we had lunch with the staff and then spent the evening having fun at the Luskos. Today we headed to Glacier National Park. It was a beautiful day, overcast and cold, but so beautiful. You can't even describe the scenery, it is so picturesque! We went on a 4 mile hike to Avalanche Lake, but we didn't make it all the way. It was raining pretty hard and I have an amazing fear of grizzlies! Pretty much I spent a lot of the time discussing with Chris how I was afraid of bears and that all the brochures talk about how common it is to come across one in Glacier and how there have been people eaten by them and that I didn't want to be one of those people. But, Chris kept pressing us on, so this was my conversation with the Lord, "Lord, you know I don't feel good about this and I don't want to be doing this, I don't want to see a bear, but I am being submissive and going on this hike with him, so please don't let us get eaten by a bear or for that matter even see one, thanks!" God was faithful and we had an amazing bearless hike in an amazingly beautiful place! Tonight we had a Montana date night including a great dinner, a walk through Target and a McDonalds ice cream (when you don't have 3 kids with you anything you do is fun!). We even thought about getting these amazing jammies, I wouldn't mind being caught in these!:) It has been a great trip and I am so thankful for the opportunites God has given us to go and see His amazing creation and to see how He is moving in other churches and communities. Tomorrow we head home to the kiddos and warm weather, California here I come!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well look at you! Hiking! Not a big fan of Smoky the Bear huh? Well, I actually am not a fan of hiking. We could get there a whole lot quicker by driving and we won't have to walk through spider webs and tree branches to get there either! But great job on being brave! I actually (in my younger years...well I'm only 28 so whatever that means) chased a bear one time. Probably a good thing it seemed like it had something else to do. Probably would have made a pretty good snack at the time!

la femme elisabeth said...

I remember not being able to get you to go on an overnight hiking trip growing up!! Now it all makes sense...
And I saw a black man wearing those pajamas and riding a skateboard in Portland on Monday.
Seriously.
Portland.