Friday, October 24, 2008

One of "those" weeks!

Have you ever had one those weeks? One of those weeks when everything seems to go wrong, or in my case everything seems to break??? Well, everything broke this week (I know maybe I am being a little dramatic but that is what we women do, we're a little dramatic every now and then). It all started on Wednesday, Chris came home from work and we headed to Yogurtland (the best ever yogurt spot by the way, if you can find one even remotely near you it is worth the travel). I was sitting there enjoying my plain and blueberry tart, with peanut butter and coffee topped with chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles (yum!), with my hubby and kiddos. When all of sudden out of my pocket slips my brand new iphone right onto the floor. This man picks it up and hands it to me and I just want to cry, my brand new iphone is shattered. I had to be strong and blow it off like no big deal, I mean what are you going to do in front of a bunch of strangers, cry? I was mourning inside though. Then we get home and I make Chris stay up late with me and rearrange the furniture in our bedroom. Of course that is not something he wanted to be doing at 9:30 at night, but when I get something in my mind, I have to do it! So, needless to say their might be some slight tensions in the room when Chris grabs a weight to move it and accidently hits his guitar and puts a scratch in it. We decided it was best to just go to bed and end the day. Well yesterday I wake up to a fresh new day and decide to have my friend Trish come over to help me rearrange the rest of the house. Much to Chris dismay, he doesn't like change, but I thought we needed a little revamp. Well we ended up rearranging the living room and then turning the family room into a dining room and the dining room into a reading room with a cozy chair and table. So, Trish leaves and I am upstairs cleaning and the kiddos are down stairs with a buddy and all of a sudden I hear a crash and go running to find the glass tabletop broken on the floor. I politely tell our neighbor to go home because the kiddos are in BIG trouble. I tell them all to go to their rooms, and then Cade starts crying and I see lots of blood on the couch and and realize her hand is cut. So I shout out for the kiddos to get on their shoes and we're off to the the emergency room. On the way we meet Chris and pull over for him to check out the cut. He is holding Cade who is crying and Ryah is in the back seat crying too. I ask her what is wrong and she says "Nobody needs me!" (this is what Reinhardt calls the middle child syndrome), so we calm everyone down. Chris decides Cade is ok and we should just go home and treat it. Well going home was another story because he still hadn't seent the lovely redecorating. Now was defintaely not the best time to be showing off the new arrangement but what do you do. So we get home and I run inside and act busy in the kitchen like nothing is new and Chris says what is this room, pointing at the room with the cozy chair and table and I tell him it's the reading room. He wasn't so impressed that I turned the dining room into a reading room and the family room into a dining room. Trust me it all looks really good. I told him I was willing to move it all back, i'll keep you posted! End of another day. So today, started off well, then Cade, Ryah and I went to the grocery store. My cart was FULL, and Cade was hanging on the side and I told her to get off because it would tip. She gave me one of her looks like, make me. Well, the very next instance the whole cart falls over on her, she is trapped. Men come running from every corner of the store to lift it off her, she is screaming and everyone is staring. I want to crawl in a hole, is this really happening right now. Her back is cut, her ankles are cut and bruised. I have people offering her water, juice, ice-paks, phone calls (did I really look that stressed), candy, stickers, anything. I wanted to just run out of the store, but the Sanchez's were coming over for dinner and iIneeded to buy food. So I held Cade trying to calm her down and in a way so no one could see her ankles and think I was crazy for continuing to shop and not tend to her wounds. We got our stuff and left, all with her screaming and everyone staring at me. I was trying to act like I was completely fine, when in reality after everything that had happened this week, I was going crazy inside. Then I balance myself out by saying at least were all still alive and mostly well! It could be worse, but I sure hope not!:) But a cute story to end with is Ryah went to girls scouts today and we got into the car and I asked her what she did and she said that they made pumpkins. I asked her what for and she said because her teachers know a lot of papas and grandmas that we don't know and they are going to give them to them. What is actually happening is they are going to give them to a convelescent home. I love kids simplicity, even in all my chaos this week, they just keep smiling and enjoying life (well except for Cade- for obvious reasons)! I'm trying too! :) Pray for us to have a better week!!!

No comments: