Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pastors Wives Conference

Well another year has passed and the Pastors Wives Conference came and went. I was excited to get away for a couple days with one of our pastors wives, Lela. I was a little more hesitant to leave this time because Chris was a little more shaken about being left behind with the kiddos. He usually does great, but the thought of dressing the girls really stresses him out. We were sitting on the couch the day I was leaving talking about the next couple of days and the kiddos schedules and Ryah says "Mom, when you leave sometimes we get mixed up on what were suppose to do". Perfectly said!!! Chris ended up doing a great job with the kids, even a friend from school told me that he seemed relax and the kids always matched and hair was combed. Did they get a bath, 1. Did they have lunches packed, yes but I found all 3 days still left in their backpacks (I must admit I wouldn't have eaten them either). Did they get to school and activities, yes, maybe a little late. Did they have fun- YES! Good job Babe, you'd make a great Mr. Mom!!! I had a great time at the Conf. There were over 900 pastors wives there, the most they've had so far. I was challenged by one of the speakers who was talking about our influence in our homes, churches and communities. I get so busy with life that I forget about the power of influence. Am I influencing people in a way that draws them closer to Christ and points to Him. Humanity is not getting any better and I have the Love that it needs, the only Love that can transform a life. Am I influencing the world with Love? Am I influencing my husband in a way that points to Christ? Which in turn causes him to be more effective in what God calls him to do. What about my children? Am I influencing them in a way that causes them to be an influence at school, to show love and mercy, and not be influenced by this world. In ministry am I just going through the notion or am I really influencing lives for Christ? What about the world around me, do they see Christ in me or just another busy person too busy for people. I want them to see a person who cares for them, who considers every encounter an opportunity to influence a person to know Christ. May we consider our actions, attitudes and words to see that they correctly represent Christ and His character to all God places in our path...

No comments: