Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just another Tuesday...

Well Tuesdays are the craziest of all days in my week. It started with running late to get Elias to school, so I slip on my jacket and leave on my pajama shorts and think to myself I am just running out to the car in my driveway no big deal. So out we go and I realize my car is not in my driveway it is in the street. I check to make sure the coast is clear and tell the kids to run, and as I am loading the bunch in the car I realize my neighbor is backing his car up all the way down the street towards me, (mind you I am in my jammies, and all of this seems to be happening in slow motion), I am thinking if I can just get these kids in the car and myself then I am clear, but getting in the car is a very long ordeal with 3 kiddos because we fight about who gets in first and who is going to sit where and all I care about is getting in the car as fast as I can. Well, I don't make it in on time and he stops at my car and there I stand in all my glory in my jammies, and he rolls down the window and offers to give Elias a ride to school. I gladly accept, just wanting them to hurry and drive off, so now I am working to quickly get Elias out of my car and trying to ignore the fact that I am still in my jammies. Elias gets out, I shove him in their car and say a quick thanks and goodbye and as they drive off down the street I am wondering if he noticed, then I realize who am I kidding!

Then I quickly get the girls ready and rush over to Target to get some things (including a lunchable for Ryah because I haven't done any grocery shopping in weeks, what else is new? Side note, Lunchable are disgusting and they are only bought in desperate situations like today), and there I am looking at cotton balls when Cade shouts out, "look mom, that baby is huge!!!" I look over and this poor mom is staring back at us, probably heart broken that her child was referred that way, I try and make it better by saying you were a huge baby too Cade (do I think that was a comfort to her, probably not but it was the first thing that came to mind). After Target we take Ryah to school and then off to the church for a staff meeting. Those are always fun! :) Pick Ryah up from school take her home, change her into her gymnastics leotard and then pick up Elias, go back to the house because we forgot his piano books and then off to gymnastics. Cade informs me in the car out of the blue, that she doesn't like me and then when I tell her I am going to cry, she tells me she loves me (wow!). Ryah does great in gymnastics, and I wish I could jump on the trampoline (they do have a night where adults can come and have open gym time but I don't think I could actually let myself do that, it would be weird. But if I could have the whole gym to myself, I would be all over those trampolines.) Then we head to Elias piano lessons. During which I get to snuggle and play with Steven (a baby they took in from Haiti for the last 3 months), he is adorable. Cade had so much fun with him, every time he drooled, she would wipe his mouth and shout out "he's drowning mom!". After that we went to In-N-Out for the sole purpose of their name (in n out, meaning fast service), but it was more like In- and in a while, you'll be-Out. No problem, rush home, clean up the house real quick, bathe kids, do homework, and then our home fellowship. Let me say, we have an amazing home fellowship group. Great discussion on the gifts of prophecy and tongues. After we all sat around like a bunch of spoiled orange county people and added each other to our Loopt application on our iphones! It's now midnight and I should get to bed. And men wonder what we moms do all day, well there you go...

2 comments:

JamieB said...

hey tatum... i just saw the link to your blog on facebook and had to comment on this post!
first of all, there's nothing wrong with jammies. it's the whole package, make-up under the eyes, no (in a whisper voice) bra and barely brushed hair for me...
second, we just bought a trampoline for the kids (yeah right!) it's great exercise!!

la femme elisabeth said...

Woah--I think you'd be bored to death with my life after doing that every day. :) Sometimes I don't even get OUT of my jammies.
And I have a trampoline, too. Maybe I'll go jump on it (in my jammies). J/K :)